Today was just not a good day in general. Got to the beach and it was HOWLING! BUT right after I rigged it started dying quickly. Had difficulties staying on a plane most of the time as the lulls were huge! There were some nice gusts but they weren’t in the areas where you needed them to be. Hopefully tomorrow will be more filled in. While a bad day I’m still pleased that my 2 sec peaks are in the 29s for such conditions.
The wind was blowing west most of the time today and the inside was very patchy. after 2:18pm. Jim first few runs looked promising but he ended up breaking his 10 year old carbon boom. He opted to turn off the gps as he had to rig up different gear which wasn't optimal for the conditions.
As for me, today was worse than yesterday. After the first 20 minutes of trying to do some good runs I gave up and spent the rest of the day just blasting around. I was originally planning to rig my 6.6 but found that the 5th batten was broken. The sail will be sent off to WindsurfDeal for a quick repair so I can compete Sunday. Had to use a 6.0 today which wasn't good at all. While the wind chart shows high numbers I would say the inside was probably around 12 to 20 at most. Saturday and Sunday look to be the same according to forecast so I'll probably rig 7.4 for those days.
In other news, I'll have a 2012 KA Koyote 7.4 rigged up for demo this Sunday for anyone interested. It will be rigged on an rdm but if you want I can rerig it on a sdm. Both masts are KA masts.